|October 2, 2012||Posted by nighlon under Uncategorized|
I apologize for not updating lately, but I have been swamped and having the time of my life.
I have been designing like hurricane on some projects very near and dear to my heart. I have been working on finishing up NighLon’s rebranding and also on my personal blog.
I have also been working on other branding projects and managing my mother’s book tour.
It has been fun, but I am ready to focus again!
I also have a new plan for this blog- to keep it focused better. There are also other things I have in mind, so stay tuned for some excitement. I promise it won’t be long before my next post.
|August 23, 2012||Posted by nighlon under Blog Bling, NighLon Updates, The Office|
For the past week, I have been a little absent in the blog world (and I missed you so much). This is not to say that I have been absent from the internet world. It is actually the opposite. I have been super busy getting NighLon Solutions up and running. It turned out to be a HUGE project, requiring the great majority of my attention.
NighLon Solutions is a place for me to showcase my portfolio, offer my services, and share resources with my clients.
I hope you decide to visit me at my “office” and see something you like. If you want a brand image that is a true representation and want to work intimately with someone who is passionate about their work, NighLon Solutions is for you!
|July 23, 2012||Posted by nighlon under Uncategorized|
Dear Loyal Readers,
First, I want to thank you for your continuous support throughout this journey. I would have given up long ago if it weren’t for you! Next, I want to offer my sincere apology for getting slack in my posting. I promise to do better.
Now, for the good stuff. I want to get you up to date on my projects. I’m sure there will be something of interest to you.
- I hope you are enjoying the redesign. I still have a few adjustments to make that will insure a richer experience each time you visit NighLon.
- I am currently working on setting up an addition to NighLon. NighLon Solutions will be to highlight my services, portfolio, and will house a client only area for resources. In doing this, I am also expanding and restructuring my current services. Other things to find at NighLon Solutions will be pre-made designs, freebies, and special offers. I will be sure to make the big announcement when I am ready to launch.
- The Whirl Network is a network I am currently working on getting launched. It will be a one stop resource for all things related to working at home. Working at Home, In Real Life will be home to job boards, office solutions, support, lifestyle articles, and so much more. If you are interested in this, you can visit the Twitter and Facebook pages. If you would like to get involved or have an idea, you can email me at whirlnetwork(at)gmail(dot)com.
- I am making progress on my book, Wearing NighLons: The Art of Personal Branding.
- I am restructuring the way I write posts here. I will be removing Facebook Friday from my schedule, but would like to know what my readers would like to see.
Some other news of interest:
- I will be giving away a logo design once I reach 1000 twitter followers. Feel free to spread the word. Who knows, maybe you will win!
- Find out how I manage all of this and more by visiting me at The Palmetto Queen.
Again, thank you for your continuous support, none of this would be possible without you!
|July 14, 2012||Posted by nighlon under Blogging Tips, The Best of the Web|
I am excited to announce that I have been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award!
Thank you Sylver Blaque
I have written about Sylver before and am honored to have had the chance to work with her. Not only does Sylver’s blog cover a range of topics close to her heart, but it showcases her intelligence, commitment to study, and the kind soul that she is. I am lucky to have made a friend in this amazing lady! Sylver, our conversations have truly been a blessing and I LOVE your blog!
Because I wanted to share a link to the origin site, I did some researching to find it. I found nothing. So, I thought I would do some research in general on the award and cannot find anything. Google failed me! If anyone has any information, I would love to know where it all started so that I can give some credit.
The requirements are:
1. Thank the person who honored them with this award and post their links
2. Share 5 interesting things about myself
3. Nominate 5 bloggers for this award
Thank You Sylver!
5 Interesting things about myself:
I write 2 blogs (It is actually more, those aren’t MY blogs). This one, and The Palmetto Queen- where I talk about how I handle life and all the random things that I am made of!
I take on entirely too many projects
I LOVE to craft- I make jewelry and learned to sew when I was 5
My grandmother, father, and aunt all owned bars (each their own) and I worked in one for a year when I was 20
When I was 5 I wanted to be President!
I’m really not that interesting of a person (shocker, I know!)
Nominate 5 Bloggers
You guys have seen my favorite bloggers on here, so I want to do something different. Today, I am nominating other blogs I read that I ADORE. This is just a random list of my other favorite bloggers- no particular niche! It does make me sad that so many of my favorites don’t blog anymore. You should all visit these lovely ladies- I promise you will enjoy the ride!
If you enjoy these blogs, visit me at The Palmetto Queen
Do you have a blog suggestion for me, I’m always looking for new bloggers to follow!