Now You Know: Adding a Newsletter Signup to Your Website
|November 4, 2011||Posted by nighlon under Blog Bling, Blogging Tips, Branding, Fabulously Geeky, Reviews|
In this post, my main goal is to show you solutions for adding newsletter signups to your website.
I chose to base it on websites because with a blog, Its more automated. Just add a Widget.
Websites get a little more complicated. But, all-in-all, its pretty simple.
I will share some websites that offer free newsletter services, as well as how to do it without the assistance of a service.
From my experience, MailChimp offers the best free service for creating and distributing a newsletter.
They also offer paid services.
With the free plan, you can:
- store up to 2000 subscribers
- send up to 12,000 emails per month
- keep track of VIP subscribers
- send mini newsletters
- add signup form to your Facebook page
- enable comments on your newsletter
- customize signup button
- so much more
MadMimi is simple, yet powerful. It is utilized by Squidoo and Northwestern University.
It is free for up to 100 contacts with limits to the features available.
It requires no prior skills and is customizable.
3. Simply Cast
Simply Cast offers a free for life plan for sending unlimited emails per month and storing up to 1000 contacts.
- drag and drop customization
- free HTML templates
- customize with fonts colors and company logos
- tracking tools
- content checker
- image hosting
- text only messages available
- opt-out management
- customer care
If you want to manage your subscriptions yourself and send out forms, there is a way to do it.
- Use ZOHO CREATOR to create a form that will send to your email.
- Use FOXYFORM to create customizable forms with anti-spam capabilities.
- Sign up at EMAIL ME FORM. Create a Form with enless possibilities.
- Make sure to send newsletters out on schedule
- Include information that is exclusive to the newsletter
- Include offers for subscribers only
- Include a coming up section with what to expect from upcoming newsletters
- Make it interactive. Encourage readers to give feedback
- Make it visually appealing
- Have fun with it, your readers will appreciate this