How I Got Here and Where I'm Going
|February 21, 2012||Posted by nighlon under Blogging Tips, Fabulously Geeky, Geek Out, NighLon Updates, Reviews, Tech Tips, The Best of the Web|
I know, that title is pretty vague, but it will all be okay.
After my post last week, FABulous Again, I began having some technical difficulties. When it rains, it pours.
1. My router messed up, and has been having temper tantrums.
2. My domain name servers were reset and NighLon began pointing to a coming soon page.
3. My Facebook has been acting up.
4. My thumb drive that I save all my work on deleted itself.
5. Yesterday, I couldn’t get into my blog, but everyone else could! #sofrustrating
But, It is all better now.
The router is half-way acting normal, and we have a new one on its way. I fixed the name server problem. FB will always act up. The lovely assistant on the phone for register.com helped me get back into my blog (it was actually a really simple solution.)
Because I have not been able to post my normal Facebook lesson, Best of the Web, or Branding lesson, I asked my blogging buddies what they would like to see on NighLon. I was given some great suggestions. I will eventually be implementing them all.
Today, I will be sharing with you how NighLon began. This is the VERY beginning of the journey.
Lets go back a whopping 13 years! (That is almost have of my life!)
I was creating my class schedule in high school. My Mother was very strict about class schedules. I thought I would be sneaky and put in cosmetology (sounded like fun to me) and a study hall. I was wrong. Instead, she made my schedule for me. I ended up with classes I didn’t really want to take. I ended up taking (along with the normal required courses) Web Publishing and Marketing.
Web publishing is still a toss up. However, I am so happy that my Mother made me take marketing. My only regret is not participating in DECA , but I really didn’t have enough time. I was spread pretty thin. In this class I learned why the milk is at the back of the store, why the magazines are at the register, and why some restaurants are neutral while others are bright colors.
This was not the beginning of my love of advertising or sociology, just the point when I started to put it all together and learn what to call it.
I don’t think my Mother knew that that one course would lead me here, I think she was just teaching me a lesson. However, I am so grateful to her for making that call and always expecting more from me.
I will share other bits of my story as time goes on.
Now onto where NighLon is going! Yes, we are sparkling!
There are some really exciting things that I am so excited to have NighLon be a part of.
- My Blogging Buddies and I are starting a Weekly Blogging Workshop. We are so excited to be critiquing each other’s blogs.
- NighLon has some really exciting reviews of web services coming up (you will really be amazed by what I have found)
- I have a guest post in the works.
- There are all kinds of other goodies coming up. More details later.