Posts Tagged by coolmojito
|February 4, 2012||Posted by nighlon under Blogging Tips, Facebook, Social Networks, Tech Tips|
Yay! We finally get into the fun stuff now!
I am so excited to share with you all the fun things you can do with Facebook to market yourself.
Today, I will share my favorite facebook landing pages, touch on all of the amazing apps you can use to improve your fanpage, and give you a step-by-step guide to setting up your landing page.
First, here are my favorite landing pages:
All of these ads have one thing in common, besides an amazing design.
They all contain a call to action. It doesn’t matter if you are giving information, a service, or a product; let your fans know what they will benefit from you. For example, here is mine (before the redesign)
My call to action tells you that if you “like” my page, you will receive marketing information.
A good fanpage will also include a link to your site/ blog.
Here are some amazing thing you can do with your fanpage:
Give “fans only” content/ products. I have seen many companies give away graphics if you “like” them.
You can even hold a giveaway for when you receive x number of followers.
Use it as a landing page for all of your networks
Show off your work.
Honestly, the possibilities are endless.
The lesson for today: creating a simple landing page:
*remember* if you need my help, I am happy to assist!
Because I try to make my “lessons” simple enough for anyone who can open a browser, this lesson will be for the simplest of fan pages.
I will however, share more complex ones in the future.
Because I want to completely start a new campaign, I am going to use CoolMojito
1. Go to http://www.coolmojito.com/
2. In the menu, select sign up FREE, and you can sign up using Facebook login
3. Click “create a page”
4. In the pop-up, name your page and select main as the category
5. Scroll through the options and select a theme.
6. I chose a simple one with a single page since this is a beginner’s tutorial.
7. After you select the layout you want, just play around with all the options to create the look you want.
Note: this builder features a wide range of options for all levels of experience.
I went with a blank template so that I could drag and drop the elements I prefer.
Tips: you can use your logo, header, picture of yourself, or really anything that you feel is a acceptable brand image
Be sure to include what you will offer your readers/ fans!
Also- include some links to favorite posts and to your other social media profiles.
Be sure to save often, I had to start over once!
8. Once you are happy with your design, click “save and continue” at the bottom of the page.
9. You will now see a preview of your creation.
10. Select the appropriate options on the left sidebar.
You can see the preview as you try out options.
11. Select “publish changes” and you can choose to preview your page.
Now, you have to make sure that it is the default landing page for your fan page.
This is really simple!
1. Go to your fan page
2. Click “Edit Info” under the title of your page
3. Select “manage permissions” on the left side of your page
4. There will be a drop down menu beside “default landing tab”
5. Select where you want visitors to land
(If you are using coolmojito, you should choose “home”)
6. Select “Save Changes” at the bottom.
Now, you are all set with a fabulous landing page.
Go here to see what I created: NighLon fan page
I hope you enjoyed this lesson.
Coming up: Adding features to your landing page and image layouts for profile picture
Just comment below if you need help with any of this, I will be glad to help!