Posts Tagged by facebook friday
|July 6, 2012||Posted by nighlon under Facebook|
I’m finally getting back into the swing of things after being down for a while.
I have a brand new Facebook Friday for you!
Facebook recently released a new option for page administrators that could be extremely beneficial.
Facebook Offers is a free feature that will allow you to post special offers and discounts like a status update.
Once posted, all your fan has to do is click redeem offer. Once redeemed, they will receive an email that can be printed or displayed on their smart phone at the business. The offer will then be shared on their timeline and can be shared. Not only do you now have a simple way of getting offers to your fans, but you get even more publicity. What can be better?
This is where the sad part of my relationship with Facebook comes in. Facebook Offers are only being released to a certain number of fan pages at the moment. Facebook has stated that they plan to release this feature to all pages soon.
Its also pretty simple to set up.
To set up the offer, you simply have to go to your page, click the event+ section above the status update and input the offer information. I regret to inform you that I can’t actually show you how to do it, because I do not have it available to me yet.
However, because I do have a love/ hate relationship with Facebook, I will come up with a super amazing offer when it is rolled out to all pages.
In the meantime, I will give you a special offer through my Facebook Page, so be sure you are a fan- it will only last a limited time.
While waiting for Facebook Offers to be available on your page, you can always create an event like I did! (This is a hint for where to find the offer)
Do you have access to offers yet?
What Facebook Friday topics would you like to see?
|March 30, 2012||Posted by nighlon under Facebook, Social Networks, The Best of the Web|
Ready-Or-Not, Facebook is all Timeline now!
I hope you are all prepared for this, with a plan in action. If not, read this post!
In honor of Today being the big day, I am sharing some tips on where to find things on the timeline.
(Thanks to my dear friend Pamela for the idea!)
These are just basic locations for features.
I am borrowing my Misfit Bloggers’ pages for this task, so feel free to stop buy and share some love and likes!
(All the pages are linked!)
I personally prefer the timeline!
What do you think? Do you have any tips? Any questions?
What would you like to see in a future Facebook Friday?
|March 23, 2012||Posted by nighlon under Facebook, Other, Social Networks, Twitter|
This week I am sharing with you my Top 10 Facebook pages apps. There are 12 spaces (9 being in a drop down menu). The first one, by default, will always be photos. One of them will be likes. Have fun with the rest!
- Paper.li is an amazing service I use. It gathers stories from your social networks and arranges them by subject matter. To use this app, simply go to their page. Then, on the left menu, click the paper.li link. It will help you install this app.
- Networked Blogs is a great way to show your feed. If you already have Networked blogs, just go to the app and you will be walked through the process. (It may already be on your timeline). If you do not have Networked blogs-, you really should! – That is for another post!
- Twittus may just be my favorite app yet. #ILOVETWITTER, but never really liked posting my tweets to Facebook. Now, however, I can display them in their own box! This is pretty exciting. Twittus is actually on your own profile, but what a great way to advertise!
- The DoJo Twitter Feed from AppSumo allows you to share your tweets on your timeline. The other cool feature of DoJo Twitter Feed is that fans can retweet and reply right from your timeline.
- The MailChimp allows you to create a tab for fans to subscribe to your newsletter. Pretty Handy!
- Contact Me “The easiest way to organize and grow your business” creates contact forms that can be accessed via tabs on the timeline. Use this to reel in new clients or to work with other brands. How you use contact forms is reliant on your specific business/ blog. That being said, I’m sure they can be beneficial to everyone!
- SurveyMonkey! It’s pretty obvious that this app allows you to create surveys, but its more than just a poll. SurveyMonkey allows you to create the survey/ poll, send it to fans, and even embed the survey into your timeline or post a link on your wall. It is great for anyone wanting fan feedback!
- Professional allows you to add a page to your timeline to showcase your portfolio and experiences.
- Promo allows you to create your own promotions for your brand. It will make giving something away in exchange for a like so much easier.
- FaqPage allows you to create a tab for frequently asked questions. This is great for all types of brands.
|February 27, 2012||Posted by nighlon under Facebook, Social Networks|
I know I normally post Facebook lessons on Fridays, but this one CANNOT wait!
Because we don’t have that much time left to wait (I am so excited!) I will share a few tips with you on how to prepare for the Timeline for Facebook pages.
Note: Because we do not know what features will be available to the brand pages, we can only speculate based on what is currently offered along with the offerings for Facebook profile Timelin.
- Decide on featured events. Remember that you can go back to the beginning of your business/ blog/ website. Go ahead and prepare dates and images to go with these.
- Make sure your page admins are correct. You don’t want someone who is no longer part of the organization to add/ delete things.
- Make sure you are updating your page, it will make editing your timeline much easier!
- Decide on a process for choosing featured posts. You could feature events, posts, giveaways, or even what fans say about your organization.
- Go ahead and decide on a cover photo. This will need to be an image width of 851 pixels by 315 pixels.